Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Blog #7

A lesson On Writing by Stephen King. Dandy! 


I would like to say that I yelled in my mind, "YES OH MY GOD" when I saw who the author was. Stephen King is on top of my list for favorite authors. A favorite series for me would be the Dark Tower series of novels. Ironically I only read the first one because I keep forgetting to buy the rest (i can always look back here now for a reminder).

On Writing is something of a part biography and part tutorial guide inspired by Mary Karr's memoir, The Liars' Club. King describes this book as "not so a biography" but instead as the development of him becoming a writer, and it's a rather interesting story to read. Part tutorial because Mr. King gives us advice on how to become a good writer and some essential tips in starting a writer career, if you wanted to become a writer in the first place.

I'll be going over the book in the next couple of days, giving my thoughts and insights on the book as I go along.

And gee it's late to post a blog post.


No comments:

Post a Comment